Please support us by disabling your adblock on our domain!

3-4-3-0 help or alternative

• Hi,

Have been a keen follower of this forum!

I have had lots of succes with various strikerless tacts (wich are OP atm) with the "goodbye" of knapp as the best.
    The only thing i keep seeing is the difficulty of breaking down defensive/narrow side.

Previous years I would put more emphasis on my wide players (Wingers).
    But these tacts dont have them. Playing wider also does not help nor roam.

The problem is that i find this tacts rely heavily on space behind the defence, but narrow/defensive sides offer very little space.
    Anyone has any idea how to counter this?
    Or, any solid winger tac is fine to.. 🙂

Greets

• Change to defensive mentality.

I've just been using 442 451 and 4231 in LL which work well if you have a decent side.

The 442 is sort of based on Midsomer from last year. SI killed crossing for this year and opened up the middle.

• The following is more of a football answer rather than a ME solution.

Slightly different to knap's suggestion - I would suggest playing on control/standard but drop your defensive line to slightly deeper or deeper to encourage the opposition to come at you and open up vertical space.

Also you could shift the front 3 to a more realistic Inside Forward-Striker-Inside Forward - which will spread the front 3 out and cause more horizontal stretching of their defense.

If both of these don't work changing one of your central midfielders to a DLPs with hold position. This will set you up with a nice perimeter around their defense - causing you to sustain immense pressure on their defense and should eventually lead to a break through unless the opposition has immense mentals/stamina/positioning.

You may also be interested in:

Please consider donating us if you like our service. The donations will be invested into the site to make it better.

Looks like your connection to MrLTactics.com was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.