Just me...!

• Admin

Just me #1

I like difficulties, but this time I went a little bit too far.

I decided to start my "only" career (since is gonna take a lot of time) as me in an hypothetical world where I want to be a Football Manager. So I'll start as unemployed, Sunday league player and without any Managerial license.

The objectives are "simple" in less season as possible I would like to manage a Top League team.

It's gonna be really hard :D

Next update with settings and first month of game!

• Admin

@Giggiux Looks interesting! :)
    It's going to be a long way to be the coach of a Top Club! :astonished:

• Admin

If you want to see the database configuration: there you are!

0_1478551358982_setup_db.jpg

As I said previously, I'll be actually me: a Sunday League player without managerial experience!

0_1478551403955_setup_managerialSkill.png

So... Let's start with a very sad story :(

I started as unemployed, so with all the enthusiasm in this world I looked only at jobs in the lower league possible (from the one without manager), thinking that only them would take me: English Country Series. Or at least I think that's the name :P

So as first step I applied all the teams I liked the name: "London Bari", "Horsham YMCA" etc...

In the end, moved by last year main city team's exploit, I decided to join a team that was predicted to win the league easily: Leicester Nirvana!

Since I have no experience at all in these lower leagues, I let the President buy new staff and players. in the end this is the transfer market:

0_1478552945506_LN_transfer.png

The team still is REALLY bad:

0_1478552850132_LN_team.png

I even started in the best possible way:

0_1478553044635_LN_CoachingCourse.png

And also with a really good preparation match, in which I won against a bigger squad!

But shortly my lack of experience in this low league shown up and I went so bad that I don't want to tell you the details, the only thing you should know is that after few really bad months where I wanted to retire for how bad the defense was, I gave my resignation.

The results at Leicester Nirvana are here (until the selected match), I'm really not proud of those:
    0_1478553295501_LN_Matches.png

Well, that was so bad that I'm thinking about going in upper league, skipping the English 9th one... if they want me :P

We'll see in next updates!

PS: I'm really sorry about this starting, it's so bad I don't want to comment any of those matches. Defense was really scandalous: I was winning the first UCFL's Match 3-0 after 30 minutes and that 3-4 happened -.- Same in second match... bah

• @Giggiux How it is going mate?

• Admin

@zyndar You know, it's going pretty well,
    BTW: I'm the kind of guy that doesn't know how to proper tell a story, but here the point of me not updating is that I like more to play than to share the story 😂
    When I don't test tactics, I play this save: it's the only one I started since the FM release.

So here a little update:
    After the bad start at Leicester Nirvana, I applied to almost all jobs on higher leagues. On most of them (higher that Vanarama), they wouldn't even try to discuss with me.
    In a moth (I left Leicester Nirvana the 29/10, I joined them the 28/11) I managed to get a new job with the Hemel Hempstead Town, in Vanarama National League South. They were 21st with these matches played:

0_1481375800516_BeforeMeMatches.png

I hired some staff (there was none), a Director of Football and let him manage the transfer market: I'm new in these series, don't even know which "skill level" for a player is good or bad :P
    BTW he did a pretty good job, because we managed to do some good matches, but a little crisis happened.
    Working on the teamwork and the defensive positions, we managed to start winning again and even if in the end we did an AMAZING job for just 2 points we didn't get to the PlayOffs :( (lol it was almost impossible :joy: )

0_1481375851943_AfterMeMatches.png

0_1481375929138_FirstSeasonTable.png

After a good summer of transfer market (always managed by the DoF), we started the season in a way I didn't even imagined, even if we exited from the FA cup (who cares :P ), we managed to do almost the same points of the previous season with 2/3 of the matches played :D

0_1481376121515_firstPartTable.png 0_1481376128493_SecondPartTable.png

0_1481376157408_Table.png

Well, that's it I think :P

• @Giggiux great run mate! Which tactic are you using?

• Admin

@zyndar I'm using three tactics from the site:

itsZdan 4-2-3-1 V2.2 as main tactic,
    3-4-3 Watford System V2 when I'm sure I can win,
    Mr L 4-1-2-3 Calabrese Counter-Gambit v3 when I'm losing and I have to risk

:D

But I use all of the three tactics with Mr L CC-G's Ois

• Admin

I didn't continue this career because after the second year the English League didn't continue. Because of some problem in the database, it get stuck :(

You may also be interested in:

Please consider donating us if you like our service. The donations will be invested into the site to make it better.

Looks like your connection to MrLTactics.com was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.