Please support us by disabling your adblock on our domain!

Non-League to legend youtube series

• Hey everyone I'm Joey. I started my youtube channel just days ago and I'm slowly progressing with my videos. In my first 2 videos I had some issues with not loud enough audio for phones but sorted that out. Anyway,

I decided to start non-league to legend series for youtube because I love playing FM, I play it for quite some time now and I'm hoping to bring something new to fm youtube scenery.
    I started with Curzon Ashton I'm not from England originally but I love lower leagues in England so I started there. I hoping to get to the top slowly, maybe I won't succeed but I'll have fun trying. If you want to have some fun please feel free to check out my videos on youtube. Currently there are 3 videos out with more coming on 2 day basis sometimes even daily basis.
    Any criticism is welcome. I hope you are going to join my journey.

The story,
    After getting a loan of few thousand euros I finally was able to fly to UK and manage Curzon Ashton, I've just recently finished my National C Licence and was ready to face my challenge that is Curzon Ashton.
    Immediately I noticed we have 4 very good players on the but we have no budget. Striker Adam Morgan, goalkeeper Hakan Burton, midfielder Tomsett, defender John Hunt real veteran of the team. So basically we had little of everything. We start hiring scouts left and right we have nothing in the team not even physios. Later on I checked we have the smallest budget of them all and.... almost no fans, one of the lowest attendances in the league. So if I want to return that loan I should be very creative with my budget.

Curzon Ashton hired me on the basis of my previous management experience that was Football Manager series, they wanted to try something new and I decided to give them something new. I immediately decided I shall use FM tactics 5-2-1-2 I used previously but I figured I need something stable that would work in other clubs. I'm more of a defensive type of manager so I just decided to transform that to 4-3-1-2 and it....failed. Lost to under-23s.

Don't read next text if you don't want spoilers!!! You have been warned.

After quite few matches and changes to tactic I've decided to stick with defensive minded 4-3-1-2 in friendlies we were pretty poor buuut we mostly played against poor teams against which this wouldn't work well, we were very unstable. After all the transfers we kind of had a team but still only 1 quality striker that is Adam Morgan.
    We couldn't have asked for worse opponent in the first match, it's Kidderminster team that is aiming for the top of the league. While we are scrambling for survival.

Third part / spoilers alert!!!

To my surprise tactic is working amazingly, we are currently 3rd in the league with only one loss. Can we actually do it and stay in the league maybe even surprise people?!? Is that even possible??? Next two league games are against Altrincham and Salford we should be beating both of them based on results before but team is very shaky in defence, I don't know how to fix it... Maybe dropping defense a bit deeper and no offside trap? John Hunt is great player but very slow. I don't know about our defense yet. We didn't do any transfers or anything after start of the season and we have lowest salary in the league. How are we doing it? Can we keep going here? Or will Altrincham and Salford get us from the clouds... See everything in the next episode.

P.S. I posted all of this story after advice by Mr.L so I'm gonna keep all three of these together and new ones in the comment.

• @Joey4u Nice. Keep it up!

• @pwolf Thank you 🙂 Glad you enjoyed it

• Admin

As a suggestion to get more viewers on this, I would advise you to write it more like an article format, where you introduce each youtube clip briefly, and then post a link here to each video you want to show us. It's more "tempting" to check it out if we can see the youtube window right here on the site, rather than having to go to youtube to see it 🙂

Anyway, good work and keep it up! 🙂

• @MrLangvatn I'll do that, good suggestion thank you 🙂

• @MrLangvatn How do I embedd videos? I don't see the options on the menu when writing. Also Added some background story to it. Newer episodes will be more detailed.

• Admin

@Giggiux

How do you do that again? 🙂 I don't remember 🙂

• Admin

in theory, just copying the youtube link 😛

• Admin

@Joey4u can you try that? 🙂

• @MrLangvatn Worked, usually on sites it doesn't work like that, nice. Thx @Giggiux

• Admin

@Joey4u Another tip: Try using bold some places 🙂

• @MrLangvatn tried Post content was flagged as spam by Akismet.com cant even update title

• Admin

@Giggiux Maybe you can answer 🙂

• Admin

@Joey4u 😮 For just using bold?

• @Giggiux For both. Before I tried updating title couldn't do it, now I tried bold again didn't work. Does it have to do with length of a post or something? I don't think I can add anything to the post right now

• New episode of my non-league to legend journey is out!

After quite good start we are losing momentum a little bit can we get it back? Last two matches ended in a draw, we are hoping to bounce back in cup and make a little of a run since we are in dire need of money, we have no attendance and even with lowest budget in the league we are still losing some money.
    Can we start with a good cup run? Can we beat Stockport to go for promotion in the league? Find out in next video:

Hope you like it feel free to ask any question. I even wouldn't mind more subscribers!

Best Regards, Joey

• @Joey4u Not bad sitting in 4th 😉

• @pwolf Yea it's been a good season, Tomsett and Morgan are saving me big time.

• New episode of my series is out!

After bad FA Cup match can we make better impression in FA Trophy and gain some of the very needed money? Or is it going to be a dissapointment? Find out in the next video.
    We are also playing against Boston with hopes to establish ourselves in the playoff position.

• Promotion push?!?

Are we able to beat Telford and Fylde to go for the promotion ? Last few matches were rather weird we are having ups and downs and right now team seems to be letting the other teams to be more competitive.
    Can we regroup ? Find out in the next video!

You may also be interested in:

Please consider donating us if you like our service. The donations will be invested into the site to make it better.

Looks like your connection to MrLTactics.com was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.