Suggestion

• I would like to suggest to limit the number of tactics that could appear in the test table for each author. For example, only the best 5 tactics that is not in similar formation from Knap should be display in the table . I can foresee that when the next round of test finished the test table would be mostly occupied by Knap's tactic. Don't get me wrong Knap is incredible and kudos for him to keep pushing the limit but imo this site should be a place for all kinds of tactic authors and fans not just about someone which is what is happening in fmbase right now. I believe diversification is the key to attract all kind of visitors.

This should also apply to the tactic development section where right now Knap's tactics are flooding the entire section. Perhaps all tactics belongs to one author should be group into one single thread or has it's own section which is even better because fans of an author could always visit the author's own section and this will help the author to grow his fan base too.

It is dangerous when this site is slowly progressing into knapstactics.com and again no offense to Knap it's all about the future of this site.

That's it just my 2 cent :)
    I love this site, keep up the good work!

• Admin

@pwolf Thanks for the suggestions! We already thought about "tactician corners" (if we can call like this), after the next update we will talk to some of the most active in the site to offer them their own space.
    We will also add the "author" column to the tactic table, as already requested, but I think we will show all the tactics from all the authors. Forever. If a single author makes the best 1000 tactics, those should be the first 1000 to be displayed.
    Probably I'll add pagination at a certain point in the tactics table's page :P

• @Giggiux Yes a tactician corner should be added asap :)
    As for showing unlimited tactics from same author I think it is just too abusable. Let's just say I have made a great tactic called GREAT TACTIC that's top 5 in your table I could simply produce another 100 tactics from the base of GREAT TACTIC by changing the role of one player or some players and called it GREAT TACTIC 1, 2, 3 and so on and I'm pretty sure all of them will be in your table's top 100 and perhaps with some luck one of it could even score the number one. Why not instead of showing GREAT TACTIC 1 to 100 we only pick the best from the 100, saving the precious space on your table and also saving the eyes of your visitors :p

• Admin

@pwolf If a tactician makes v1, v2, v3, v4, v5, v6 etc of the same formation, then we can keep the best one and delete the rest if need be. But if a tactician changes the formation and ends up with a little bit better result, we should keep both on our list to encourage formation diversity. If it so happens that a tactician makes the best 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2, 3-5-2 and 4-3-3 tactics (as examples), then of course that tactician would dominate the top-list.

But yeah, it doesn't look good if there is v1, v2, v3, v4 and v5 of the same tactic in the top 5 places :)

Nevertheless, your input is greatly appreciated. Keep the suggestions coming to help us improve the site! :)

• @MrLangvatn Yes that's actually what I mean in the first place, only one best version of an author's different formations 4231, 442 and etc.
    Btw I think we could use a search filter that support multiple choices for the test table too. For example, I would like to search for 4231 with the most points and/or most goals and/or by a certain author and so on.

• Admin

@pwolf We actually have a tool like this on our to-do-list. But it may take a while, because we have many things on the list which has higher priority :)

• @MrLangvatn Understood. Looking forward to more cool improvements :)

• I think that you should test a bit more during the week. If you can't you may improve the number of testers so the site will really be the greatest!

Saying that I'm still really happy about it at all ;)

• Admin

@I.D.E.A It's going to be up and down, as we all have jobs/school/families :)

You may also be interested in:

Please consider donating us if you like our service. The donations will be invested into the site to make it better.

Looks like your connection to MrLTactics.com was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.