Please support us by disabling your adblock on our domain!

[FM 17.2.1] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSStigate 1.5 || 4-1-2-2-1 • • •

• FuSStigate - to beat severely with a club.

About
    The tactic is built on two key concepts stolen from Jose :
    • The team that makes the least mistakes wins - hence the narrow, slow and short passing game.
    • An adaptation of his famous Trivote - 2 attacking midfielders that also harrow, harass and tackle, aiming to win the ball up the pitch, backed up by a supporting DM who fills the space behind them and creates passing triangles.

Mentality
    I generally use control - but when playing a much bigger/better I'll switch down to standard (both versions are below to download).

Tip
    Load 3 versions of the tactic into all 3 tactical slots, it'll train quicker.

Team Talks
    Do them yourself, seriously, assistants are just rubbish at them, even the best assistants.
    • Be harsh! Ask yourself what the stereotypical Sir Alex would have done .
    • Before I match: I usually aggressively expect a result, followed by individually assertively telling them I have faith.
    • At half time: (even if my teams winning) if most of my team have below 7 performance I will aggressively tell them it's not good enough, those that don't respond to that (or respond badly) I will individually tell they were not good enough assertively.

Opposition Instructions
    • I don't usually use them unless it's not going well in the first 20 minutes against a far superior opponent, then I tend to close-down/tight-mark/hard-tackle/weaker-foot their ST/AML/AMR positions - mark the positions, not the people.

Team Selection
    • DO NOT LET YOUR ASSISTANT MANAGER PICK YOUR TEAM - he will tend to pick AMCs in the wide positions, this will kill you, use wingers (or even strikers!)

Players
    ST - Complete Forward (Support):
    • Type of player: You need a fast Target Man, hard to come by admittedly, but worth their weight in gold (think: Lukaku).
    • Best stats: Finishing, Heading, Composure, Acceleration, Jumping, Dribbling.
    • Good PPMs: "Gets Into Opposition Area", "Plays One-Twos" .

AML/R - Inside Forwards (Support):
    • Type of player: A traditional winger but with good finishing and shooting (think: Sanchez).
    • Best stats: Dribbling, Finishing, Acceleration, Pace, Crossing, Long Shots.
    • Good PPMs: "Gets Forward Whenever Possible", "Runs With Ball Often", "Cuts Inside From The X Wing", "Plays Short Simple Passes".

MCL/R - CM (Attack)
    • Type of player: A box-to-box type player, a battering ram, charges into the box from deep and takes on shots (think: Lampard).
    • Best stats: First Touch, Passing, Dribbling, Long Shots, Acceleration.
    • Good PPMs: "Gets Forward Whenever Possible", "Gets Into Opposition Area".

DMC - DM (Defend):
    • Type of player: Aggressive defensive midfielder, will look to attack the ball and break up opposition play (think: Kante).
    • Best stats: Tackling, Work Rate, Positioning, Stamina, Concentration, Aggressive, Acceleration.
    • Good PPMs: "N/A"

FB's - FB (Attack):
    • Type of player: Defensive duties come first, but some good attacking attributes will give you width and crossing (think: Rose).
    • Best stats: Marking, Tackling, Work Rate, Acceleration, Crossing, Dribbling.
    • Good PPMs: "Runs With Ball Down The X", "Runs With Ball Often".

CB's - Defender:
    • Type of player: Jumping and Heading are important as I play a high line and they'll often need to clear the ball as it comes in. You'll also need good acceleration (anticipation is a huge bonus too) so they don't get beaten by balls over-the-top on the counter.
    • Best stats: Heading, Marking, Tackling, Jumping, Strength, Acceleration, Anticipation.

GK - Keeper:
    • Type of player: One-on-ones is particularly important as this tactic often has it's fullbacks pressing quite high-up the field.
    • Best stats: Handling, Reflexes, Arial Reach,Command of Area.

Download

1.5 Control: http://www.mediafire.com/file/sj18226832rj7a3/FuSStigate_1.5_(CONTROL).fmf

1.5 Standard: http://www.mediafire.com/file/a8iei8sr6jkg7zn/FuSStigate_1.5_(STANDARD).fmf

1.5 Counter: http://www.mediafire.com/file/a8iei8sr6jkg7zn/FuSStigate_1.5_(STANDARD).fmf

Key Changes

• I finally realised that I'd been making quite big mistake in my previous versions. I'd been telling my IFs to "sit narrow" because I wanted them to attack and get in goal scoring positions. But "Sit Narrow" is part of the "what to do when the team has the ball instructions", so actually I was making them harder to pick out with a pass, often leaving them largely uninvolved. What I really wanted them to do was "sit wider" and then "cut inside", which seems to have made a huge difference to the attacking aspects of the tactic.

What should happen now, is that you see a W from the front 5 when your team wins the ball, with the attacking CMs pushing forward to fill in the attacking gaps.

This keeps the fullbacks out-wide to mark the IF's, which creates space for your on charging CMs and overloads a back 3 or 4, alternatively if the IF gets the ball, he will cut inside as expected.

• alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

• alt text

alt text

• the link for Counter is the same as for standard?

• Admin

Added to test list

• Admin

Seems like your standard and your counter versions are the same file. Mistake?

You may also be interested in:

Please consider donating us if you like our service. The donations will be invested into the site to make it better.

Looks like your connection to MrLTactics.com was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.