Mr L 4-1-2-3 Calabrese Counter-Gambit v3

• Admin

Updated 26.11.2016: Updated to v3

Hey guys! :)

Some of you have requested a more solid-at-the-back version of Wayward Queen and Traxler Counter, so here is another variation that I think works well (I can't say what is best overall until I can test them properly). Anyway, this one should definitely be more solid at the back. Try it and let me know in the comment field below! :)

Anyway, here is the formation:

0_1478890620606_FOrmation 4-1-2-3.jpg

Here are the OI's:

0_1478890663982_20161110221639_1.jpg

Plug and play, as usual :)

Let me know how it goes!

Download 4-1-2-3 Calabrese Counter-Gambit v3!

Screenshots for Ipad users

• Admin

I'm loving you :joy:

• Global Moderator

Excellent!! I'll post results in a couple of hours.

• At your current rate we can expect 356 more tactics before FM18 comes out!

• Can't wait to try this...that's my Saturday planned

• I have tried all 5 tactics for at least 10 games.

The 2 formations with 3 at the back are very in consistent i have 7-0 8-0 wins and losses after the losses you tend to lose / draw a couple games in a row as morale is destroyed.

The re-worded 442 has been super at home but very weak away. Very strong v big sides at home.
    Which is fairly similar to how I did with the old 442

This 4123 formation has proved most successful for me so far but none of these have been "super tactic" as per FM 16.

• Hey, just started a new game because in my spanish forum they released the spanish third division. Im going to test 3 tactics:

• This one 4-1-2-3
    • This one but changing 2 F9 into IF, just to my players can fit better. I will pick them instructions like sit narrowe and get further foward, but with the support role, i want them to press in defense. I dunno if it will be similar or just a F9 wider than in the other tactic.
    • And then the 3-4-3 that u first released.

All my players can witch roles between this tactic without too many changes, so i will try both. The team instructions i just saved one as "counter" and the one from the 3-4-3 "standard". Do you think i can switch between all the tactics? I mean the team instructions.

I'll post in few days my experience!

• Admin

@Alex-Mullin said in Mr L 4-1-2-3 Calabrese Counter-Gambit:

I have tried all 5 tactics for at least 10 games.

The 2 formations with 3 at the back are very in consistent i have 7-0 8-0 wins and losses after the losses you tend to lose / draw a couple games in a row as morale is destroyed.

The re-worded 442 has been super at home but very weak away. Very strong v big sides at home.
    Which is fairly similar to how I did with the old 442

This 4123 formation has proved most successful for me so far but none of these have been "super tactic" as per FM 16.

I'm sure this can help @MrLangvatn but the game came out just one week ago and we haven't had the opportunity to do real tactic testing yet but I think it's a good start for the first week :D

• @Felipe-Fernandez-pomar said in Mr L 4-1-2-3 Calabrese Counter-Gambit:

Hey, just started a new game because in my spanish forum they released the spanish third division. Im going to test 3 tactics:

• This one 4-1-2-3
    • This one but changing 2 F9 into IF, just to my players can fit better. I will pick them instructions like sit narrowe and get further foward, but with the support role, i want them to press in defense. I dunno if it will be similar or just a F9 wider than in the other tactic.

All my players can witch roles between this tactic without too many changes, so i will try both. The team instructions i just saved one as "counter" and the one from the 3-4-3 "standard". Do you think i can switch between all the tactics? I mean the team instructions.

Nevermind, this new one worked horrible. I lost 2 first games of pre season vs teams from lower divisions! I checked your new 4-4-2 and worked awesome instead. I'll keep using the tactics with 3 CB's but not this new one, probably i will check it throw season but not now.

• Admin

Like Fra said above, without proper testing, making "supertactics" is very hard, you would need some luck to do it without a tactic test. I really hope FM Fitness Coach comes out soon. The creator of it had some problems due to the optional 32/64-bit thing. Anyway, the match engine itself in this first patch seems to give alot of goals both home and away, this can be seen also in AI vs AI matches. I've seen on multiple occations 10+ goal matches between AI's.These things usually sort themselves out in the second patch of the game. The most solid one I can do at the moment is the 4-4-2.

And by the way, I have tested all the tactics for at least one season each, and it worked well for me, or else I wouldn't have released them.

Anyway, it will be good to run all these tactics through our testing league once FM Fitness Coach is ready :)

• This tactic currently working really well for me on the iPad, halfway through 1st season currently 5th in league with Bournemouth, in carlIng cup final and 5th round of fa cup not to shabby considering my team.

• This tactic so far has been doing the job for my Leicester save .Its very leaky at times but my team does score a lot of goals after i started using this tactic.Hopeful that we'll make the top 4 lol :)

• Mr L, have you tested your tactics with a AMF and two strikers istead of three strikers?

• @Felipe-Fernandez-pomar said in Mr L 4-1-2-3 Calabrese Counter-Gambit:

@Felipe-Fernandez-pomar said in Mr L 4-1-2-3 Calabrese Counter-Gambit:

Hey, just started a new game because in my spanish forum they released the spanish third division. Im going to test 3 tactics:

• This one 4-1-2-3

Nevermind, this new one worked horrible. I lost 2 first games of pre season vs teams from lower divisions! I checked your new 4-4-2 and worked awesome instead. I'll keep using the tactics with 3 CB's but not this new one, probably i will check it throw season but not now.

Link to Spanish 3rd division?

• Admin

@eiresp AMF?

• I'm using this with my Pompey side should I use another one of your tactics for a home or away just to keep the AI on its toes if so which one

• Admin

@scruffer23 If you're asking which one is the best one, I don't know yet :) Need to get FM Fitness Coach first so I can start testing properly :)

• @MrLangvatn no not asking which one is best just wondering if there's one more suited to away and one more suited to home games just to shake things up

• Admin

@scruffer23 Don't know what's best home/away etc before I can start testing, sorry :)

• @MrLangvatn one more question what sort of players for cen mids creative or more defensive players

Looks like your connection to MrLTactics.com was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.