Mr Langvatn 4-4-2 Deep Sicilian Defense FM 17 edition

http://bit.ly/2dptgL6

Team Instructions

alt text

Results

alt text

OIs

alt text

This is just converted (manually) from my old 4-4-2 Sicilian Defense v5 from Football Manager 2016. One of my friends converted it to use in his own save, and he tells me it still works great. So, I am sharing it here with you, so you can use this during the beta if you'd like. I don't have the tools I need to create new tactics for FM17 yet, so I will spend my time getting to know the game now until the full release (which is 4 November).
    As many of you know, this was my flagship tactic from FM16. It is a deep 4-4-2 which relies/relied a lot on the wide midfielders being good crossers. I would guess the same applies for FM17.

Anyway, try it in the beta and make up your own mind if it still works or not :)

Best wishes, Mr L

Click here to download the tactic: 0_1478778695251_442_MrL_17_AA2CF1DF-DA2D-4D53-A5AF-71B1034BC2F0.fmf

Screenshots for Ipad users

• I try it whit Crotone on italian serie A....

• Admin

@ExtinctionFMCL

Cool! :) Let us know how it goes!

• Admin

@ExtinctionFMCL said in Mr L 4-4-2 Deep Sicilian Defense:

I try it whit Crotone on italian serie A....

Tough challenge! Good luck bud!

• The first friendly match are impressive i only buy Macheda ( P C) and Essien ( M C) still playng good football whit very very Underdog team! i post some result tomorrow !

• I never used this in FM16, but does changing the attackers style work? As in do they need to play as F9s?

• The best tactic from you I ever used was 3-4-3 on FM 15. It was a monster.

• I'll try this tactic with Bolton, hoping to get them back in the Premier League from League 1.

• Admin

@TsuMirren

In FM16, they had to be F9's for the tactic to work well, but who knows for FM17, it's not 100% the same ME :)

• Admin

@dignatov

That was a beast, indeed xD

• Admin

@Thomas-Stokka said in Mr L 4-4-2 Deep Sicilian Defense:

I'll try this tactic with Bolton, hoping to get them back in the Premier League from League 1.

Another tough challenge! Let us know, I'm curious to see how it works! :D

• @Thomas-Stokka I am thinking between Bolton and Plymouth to start with, but first I have to create a nice tactic. It's a shame that the editor will be available only with the full version, until than no custom database can be created.

• Admin

@zyndar

Hey mate! Yeah, it's a shame we have to wait for the editor, such a time-saver when making tactics...

When you do make a tactic, I hope that you try out the official tactics thread in here! It should look very nice in the end when all the threads have the same layout, with all the information the users need. In FM-base, it's such a mess on the tactic threads, all different, some have a good layout, others a complete mess, some have no screenshots, some have 100 screenshots etc..

• @MrLangvatn Hey, I'll definitely share here, first in the developement section to see how it works, I find it a very nice idea!

• If all goes as planned, today late evening I'll post a 4-4-2 to the developement section. It is a tweak of Warlock II from FM16, which I am testing with Leicester. Last night I managed to win against Sporting Lissabon in the CL 6-2 away with 10 clear cut chances ;)

• Admin

@zyndar

Sounds very good!!!! :)

• @zyndar said in Mr L 4-4-2 Deep Sicilian Defense:

If all goes as planned, today late evening I'll post a 4-4-2 to the developement section. It is a tweak of Warlock II from FM16, which I am testing with Leicester. Last night I managed to win against Sporting Lissabon in the CL 6-2 away with 10 clear cut chances ;)

Sorry 6-2 away win was against Everton, we defeated Sporting only 2-0 away.

• Admin

@zyndar Sounds really good! Can't wait for it! :D

• I know it's Paris, but still see these wild results! :D

0_1477169686457_Skærmbillede 2016-10-22 kl. 22.53.46.png

0_1477169921847_Skærmbillede 2016-10-22 kl. 22.56.30.png

0_1477169934597_Skærmbillede 2016-10-22 kl. 22.55.58.png

0_1477169945141_Skærmbillede 2016-10-22 kl. 22.55.22.png

The squad

0_1477170002415_Skærmbillede 2016-10-22 kl. 22.57.35.png

• Its working exellent for me :-) I normal play with attacking midfielders and inside forwards, but i am not missing them now.
    Funny fact is that i bought Balde Keita from Lazio as a winger, and because Sturridge as always was injured i put him in front, and he scores a goal every game in average.
    So thank you for this, really enjoying this tactic

Looks like your connection to MrLTactics.com was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.